Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One Month From Today



For as long as I can remember I wanted to visit Walt Disney World in Florida. In 2006 we finally made it happen. We were only there for two days but I was hooked! All that I wanted to do was to go back.

At the end of 2009 some things started falling into place and all of a sudden my family and I started to seriously talk about moving to Florida. There was a lot to do, we had lived in our house for 20 years, but somehow we managed to get it done. We found a great new house to rent only four miles from the Main Gate. I soon understood why it's called paradise. Since I'm a self-employed writer we could go to the parks anytime that we wanted to. My daughter and I would often go for only an hour or so, just because we could. Our favorite park is Disney's Hollywood Studios and our favorite ride Star Tours, which we've ridden well over 100 times.

After two wonderful years things changed and we found ourselves living outside of Nashville, Tennessee. Don't get me wrong, this is a great place to live, but I soon discovered that Disney withdrawal is real. I don't know how many times since we moved here I've awakened and my first thought was "We should go to Epcot today". Fortunately we will be returning quite often, my husband is working primarily here but does still have plenty to do in Florida as well.

One month from today is our first trip back. I've been counting down the days since before we moved and they have gone fairly quickly. I can't wait until we're on the property again. It's not even the rides that I'm excited about, it's the magic. In 31 days we'll be able to experience it all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing place! Look forward to hearing about your trip.

    ReplyDelete